About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Florida Trip, Part 1

Hey girls!
I guess I'll ease back into the blogging slowly (as if I've ever been all that on-top of it!)
Here's a few pics of the Florida trip. The citizens of The Sunshine State owe Tim and I a huge Thank You for ending the drought. Every time we go there we bring rain with us. This time, it was more than just rain. It was a deluge. Noah was getting ready to build another ark. A pirate ship drove down Gulf Drive (I kid you not! )
So anyway....here's a little photo tour of our some of the trip:

This is a beach side pic of the house we stayed at in the Holmes Beach/Anna Maria Island area. It was pretty nice. Crappy towels.......but it had a great location...just steps from the beach and the Gulf of Mexico. What could be better?

We splurged on our transportation..........got a little yellow Corvette convertible. Too bad we never were able to put the top down!

Saw a pirate on the beach. I believe she might have, at one point, been on the pirate ship that drove down the road.

Is this starting to feel like one of those times where your old aunt corners you and shows you pics of people and places you dont know / dont care about, but you just cant walk away? If that's the case, I'm sorry. I'll speed it up.


Here is an example of the terrible weather that we enjoyed just about every day that we were there. Thunder, lightning, sideways lightning, un-real winds, and incredible down pours that went on for hours. I'm terrified of storms. They make me nuts. I made myself feel better by drinking margaritas and whipping up batches of guacamole. Delish.


Despite the inclement weather, the sea turtles were coming out of the gulf at night and making their nests. Volunteers are assigned portions of the beach to patrol....and when they find a nest they stake it, and mark the stakes with the date and the name of the volunteers (among other things). It was really pretty neat to walk the beach in the mornings and see if there were any new nests.

Saw lots of birds...
And saw this pretty little garden on a drive along the water one afternoon. Part of this womand garden is lined with these pretty little plates. I wish I had taken more time and more pics while I was there!
And I found this groovy tree. Isn't it spooky looking?



Well girls, I think that's about enough for now. It's already after 10 pm, and Medium is on. Time to go.
Talk to ya later!

2 comments:

Gracie said...

Yes, we thank you for ending the drought but somrthing is wrong with this pic as it hasn't stopped yet. I'm getting pretty sick of it. By the way I LOVE THAT CAMERA!

Mimi said...

Great pics Sharon. You look good by the yellow vette, too. Isn't that a banyan tree. I remember seeing them in Florida years ago.