About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I haven't been crafty in awhile....

But I did get a new camera for Mother's Day and I've been playing around with it, trying to figure it out. I'm terrible at reading directions and making sense of them, but I'm trying very hard to figure this thing out.
So anyway, I'm going to try to post a couple pics........let's see if this works.

Here is Jasmine. She was a very unwilling model. She hissed and spit at me and ran off.

This is the picnic basket I got from my SIL......it was her grandmothers. Very cool...from the 50's, made by Red Man of Indiana. I love it. Its gorgeous and I think it would make a great project basket.

This is the one crafty thing I have been working on...this is going to be a felted bag for my daughter...and this was my first attempt at forming and felting one of the flower-like rolls. I have a front-loader washer, and I also have a top loader, but I have no hot water working in the top loader so I had to tote hot water to it....it was a pain and it didn't totally felt, but I got the basic idea and I know that I'm on the right track with the construction of the roll.

Here is Nik, my cosmetology student. She came home for a few hours on Mother's Day and was more than happy to test out the new camera.
This is a pic of Nancy's quilt for Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn started coloring them about two years ago, and now they are done and beautiful. I love your bold use of color and pattern, Nancy.
I think I've shown enough pics for now.....I have more but now I can't find the file.....so the confidence I gained is now gone. Crap. Technology is not my friend!

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Okay, I'm really envious of the new camera. Not that I could figure it our either but I so want to take better close up pic's. When you get it down pat I'll have to buy one so you can impart with your widsom. So far the pic's are great!