About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Start and a (Few) Finishes

I have been a very bad blogger again. I let life get in the way sometimes, and other times I'm just super lazy.
I won't bother you with the details that kept me away....I'll just get right to the crafting....

Here are my first two blocks from Simply Vintage........I just don't know how it is that I started another applique project with SO MANY LEAVES!


This is the block I started putting together yesterday, so that I would have something to work on in the car on the way to and from my youngest daughters graduation from cosmetology school (YEA NIK!!!)

I guess that is all I have to share for now. I will try to be a better blogger in the future (have I made that promise before?).

5 comments:

Mimi said...

My sentiments exactly when I saw all those leaves, but they are well worth it. The blocks are beautiful. It's going to make a beautiful quilt; and Nikki's graduating!!! OMG, how time flies. Give her my congrats.

Sharon said...

Will Do, Faye!
Looking at my photos, I think I should have taken a few more minutes to press those blocks better!

Nancy said...

I love, love, love the blocks. The reason you keep making applique quilts is because you do them so well. I still can't believe that time has flown by that quickly that Nik is already done with school. Congratulations to the graduate!

Sharon said...

Thanks Nancy.....

Gracie said...

I LOVE THE BLOCKS!!! Someday in the future someone will look at your quilts and marvel at all those leaves and comment how did she do it! You'll be famous! Give that girl of yours a big hug and congrats.