About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Farm Girls Winter Get Away

Hi Chicks!
I'm just back home from a long weekend get-away to the farm. My sister-in-law Al and my friend Claudette joined me Friday thru Sunday....and then I decided to stay until today (Tuesday) .
Claudette is into paper & photography, among other things. She worked on some scrapbook page lay-outs and made ALOT of her beautiful gift cards.

Al makes jewelry, and she stayed busy most of the time making some beautiful necklaces.
The three of us also managed to make a mess!
I also got a chance to do some late night reading.....this book was excellent!
And, hiding behind the book, is my latest finish:
Just one block left to make for the Simply Vintage quilt. Then there is a border of 1/2 square's to do, and then another border with 100+ leaves....but I'm not going to think about that right now!
I did work on a few other projects, but I've shared enough for now. I have time to make up on the treadmill after being away for so long, and then a guild meeting to attend tonight.
Later chicks!







b

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I know for sure that you had a great time. Your block is beautiful and because of you and your beautiful red and green quilts, I am attempting to follow suit. I can't wait to see your whole quilt put together. It'll be another beauty!!!

Gracie said...

Wish I was closer for these weekend get aways. Lots accomplished by all. I'm loving that quilt,S. Can't wait to see it put together.

Claudette said...

Ugh, i am going to have to remember that you blog about the things we do and spruce myself up a bit for photos.

Sandy Panagos said...

What a creative bunch you are! Beautiful work from all three of you.