About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Pride…Cometh Before The Fall…..

A quick share for you chicks….
Here it is.
My version of Blue Skies …pattern by Bonnie Hunter.

Its pretty big.  A bit short of 90" square.
1,188 half square triangles.

Although I am quite pleased with myself for completing this top, finally, I will submit a humbling admission to you……….
THIS……is what is just across the room from my sewing table.
Just a SMALL portion of my thrifted shirt hoard…….

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Sharon......I am impressed. That is one beautiful quilt. I am not sure I would want to attempt it. Now...as for your bins.....it's like AA, I think you should show ALL your thrift store bins in one shot....if they will fit.

Claudette said...

That is impressive! i love it as a square!

Unknown said...

I literally lol'd when I saw the picture at the end because the last photo didn't load on my phone when I saw it the first time!

And I'm glad someone else called you out for not including ALL of the bins….

Unknown said...

This is your daughter Danielle btw

Sandy said...

That is a beautiful quilt! And about those hoarded shirts..............lol

needlesandpins said...

What a beauty! BTW I have to confess that
I go a little envy of all these wonderful piles of shirts you have :o))