About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Slow and Steady...

I'm making progress this morning on my Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.
I'm trying to take my time and enjoy the process rather than speed my way through it.

I've been questioning my need to make so many things and try to get them done quickly.
I didn't start quilting to make a lot of quilts…I started with the sole purpose of making one.
Somehow that morphed into making more…and collecting tons of fabric and magazines and patterns….and in having far too many projects in various stages of unfinished,  to be left languishing until I was no longer interested in finishing them.

And that makes me uncomfortable.

My friend Nancy, as part of our mini-groups Christmas gift exchange, gave me a print out of a UFO Challenge for 2015.  When I got home form our latest get together I was able to jot down, in probably less that 2 or 3 minutes, 9 unfinished projects without even stepping foot into my sewing space and having a look around.
That was a little upsetting.  Especially when some of these projects are ones that I was SO excited to get started on Way Back When…..

So.  I'm hoping to slow myself down a bit.  Enjoy the Process without feeling the need for Production.

Let's see if I can stick to this train of thought.




5 comments:

Claudette said...

You can stay accontable here by posting updates and photos! I am guilty of the same crime!

Mimi said...

I am just hoping that getting 15 projects done in 2015 is feasible. We will see. Good luck to all three of us.

Sharon said...

Girl! I'll be happy if I can check off half of my list!

Nancy said...

Are you enjoying it? That's what you've asked me on several occasions. Now it's my turn to ask you. Are you enjoying what you're making? I know the answer is yes. It doesn't matter how much we get finished in a year....it's more important that we're enjoying what we're making. We have 11 more months before the 2015 UFO list expires and I plan on getting at least one of my UFO's on my list finished.

Elle_Girl_NYC said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!