About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Signs of Spring

It's been raining like nobody's business here, but thankfully the high winds that have gone along with some of that rain haven't wiped out the lilacs, and so this morning I went out to pick some....


They never last very long once they are cut, but the color and scent is amazing!

I finished this quilt last week.

I bought the fabric as a kit from The Ice House in Grayling, MI in 2005.
I sewed the top together in 2012.
Quilted and bound the top in April 2017.


I had my mom model the quilt...she's always willing to wrap up in a quilt because she is always cold!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Spring is somewhere in the air. Love all your Spring-y pictures. Nothing like having another finish to add to your list. Looks like your mom is very fond of this one, too.

Elle_Girl_NYC said...

Agree with Mimi! Such pretty eye candy to see after a long winter! Keep them coming!

Nicole said...

Loving the flowers. and that quilt! The colors are exactly what she needs