About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Spring!

Although it hardly feels like spring outside, Inside the forsythia, pussy willow, daffodils and hyacinth tell another story....

And since spring is all about new beginnings, here is mine.
I am doing the block of the month (offered by a local quilt shop) called Amish With A Twist Two.
I have had this in my possession since the third Tuesday in March, and if I don't get moving on it I'm going to be in big trouble in just a couple of weeks.
Here is the first installment of fabric and directions....

I was going to get right to work on cutting my strips for the blocks and hopefully get them all sewn before I had to head out for the day, but after reading Sue Garman's latest post I have decided that I probably need to wash them.  I almost always wash my fabrics first...I learned it from my mother and sewing teachers and I almost always do, but for some reason I thought I was going to squeak by NOT doing it this time.....but I've changed my mind.  This quilt is 105" finished, and is going to take 12 months to do.  I'm not going to risk all that time and work to have colors run and wreck everything.
So I'll wash!
This is one of my other current projects....this is the first block from the block of the month from The Buggy Barn called Starlit Garden.
I finished this block the day block # 2 was delivered.
I'm not sure what I was thinking getting myself involved in 2 BOM's at the same time....when I had Easter dinner to host, and a few trips planned, and some major remodeling that needs to be planned and completed in a short amount of time. 
Really.  What was I thinking?

No comments: