About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Was Thinking About Making A Bundt Cake....


But I decided on One-Bowl Brownies. You know the recipe...the one on the back of the Bakers Chocolate box. They are my go-to recipe when I am in need of some chocolate. I borrowed from Mrs. Field's recipe and I add chocolate chips to my brownies...I just sprinkle them over the top before I bake them. I tried mixing then into the batter once, but they mostly just melted and you couldn't tell they were there. Sometimes I use different types of chips...chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate....today I put some of the white chocolate on, along with lots of semi-sweet ones. My family isn't big on nuts, so I didn't mix any into my batter.
I put them into a baggie, smashed them with my rolling pin, and sprinkled them over the top. I guess if they really don't want to eat them they can pick them off!

The headache is beginning to improve (which explains my need to get back to normal and do things like bake...) and hopefully, but the time my brownies have finished baking I will have finished my applique block and can share it with you.
I'm actually stitching and typing. I'm such a multi-tasker!

You chicks have a great afternoon....and enjoy your Labor Day Weekend!

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Mmmmm....I can almost taste those brownies. As for the block, you must be tired of my saying how much I love them. I can't wait to see this quilt together. I am envious.

Gracie said...

Glad you're feeling better. Love the block!

Nancy said...

Ya gotta have nuts on brownies! I too can't wait to see the finished quilt. It's going to be another beauty.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your applique block is gorgeous!

The brownies look really good too...!

Karen said...

Lots of wonderful projects! I enjoyed my visit.