About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

First (Real) Post of 2012

Just wanted to show you girls what I've been up to.
These are my Man Shirt blocks.  Last time I worked with blues, and this time I'm working with blacks and greys.  I'm really having a good time working on these blocks, but I do find it a little more challenging to find shirts I like.  Each time I go to the thrift store to get some more I end up coming home with another 1 (or 2) blue shirts...so there will be another blue quilt in my future.

Anyway, I wanted to show you how these shirts break down...I'm really getting a lot of yardage from mens XL and 2XL shirts.....and I feel like I have hit the jackpot when I find a mens 2XL Long.
After I cut them apart I starch them until they are as stiff as paper.  It helps me keep the stripes straight and makes the cutting easier.
Im loving the labels inside some of the shirts...and I intend to incorporate them (and maybe some of the buttons) into the quilt.







So these are the blocks I have finished so far today.  I'm hoping I can get at least 10 more done before I clean up for the day.....

That's it from me for now.....I really want to get back to work!
S

2 comments:

Mimi said...

They are gorgeous!

Kim said...

How beautiful they are!
I gave up trying to match up the stripes it sure made the process a lot more fun after I did! this is going to a beauty!

Happy Sewing