About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Fine Lines and Facings

I learned something new this past week.
I had The Fine Lines Project sewn together, quilted and ready to finish, but I wanted to do something other than a traditional binding.
I did some searching and found a couple tutorials on Facing A Quilt.
One of the most simple and straight forward tutorials I found was from Joe Cunningham.

 I had a smaller project that I wanted to practice on...I also tried out the idea of folded corners on the backside so that I could hang these quilts simply from a wood slat, dowel or ruler.

 Holy Cat Hair!
This shows the facings on the backside and the corners for holding whatever I choose to hang it with.


Little Girl inspecting the backside of The Fine Lines Project.  I suspect she would like to add just a little more cat hair to the composition...

Little Girl and Little Man inspecting the top side before trimming and facing....

The Fine Lines Project, faced and ready for hand stitching.
25.5" x 34.5"
I like that clean finished edge on this quilt, and it was super simple to do.  It just required quite a bit of steam and pressing to get it to be smooth and flat.
I'm looking forward to getting the hand stitching done and then I'll find a place to hang this!

S

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I am just loving these projects. I really want to give them a try. It came together so fast for you. I was impressed.

Anonymous said...

The cats though! Little girl looks like a loaf of bread sitting on it.
This is definitely my new favorite of yours
-Nichole