About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

This UFO is NOT that "U" Anymore.....

A project that has been sitting, abandoned and in a deep, rarely opened closet since 2014 has resurfaced and been reworked.

Despite roadblocks to progress:

 Protection:


And Frequent Inspections:

I managed to assemble this:


The pieces are from a Bonnie Hunter pattern that went awry.
Unit sizes that didn't work out, due in part to some very bad cutting on my part, caused me to give up.
I uncovered the bin that the project was hiding in this past weekend and decided that I would work on it as my Superbowl project.
I never bothered to turn on the game but I did sew away all day and had a wonderful time.
(I am aware of the mistake in the border and will be picking that apart today)
I'm looking forward to getting this quilted and enjoying it for awhile before it gets donated.

S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cats just crack me up. I'm loving the blue piece! Very nice =] Keep it going!
-Nichole

Mimi said...

It's always nice to have a helper in the sewing room. I just love this quilt. Scrappy is always better. If and when you donate this as a charity quilt, someone will be very lucky.

Anonymous said...

I like what you did for Superbowl My mistakes don't seem to turn out as well. lol