About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

A Week Made For Sewing

I sort of have the week-off....and so I'm using it the way I want...I'm sewing and quilting.
My String Stars are on the long arm...and Little Man is doing his best to help me (not) get this finished quickly...

I had the Quilt Chicks over Tuesday to sew.  We had a great time.  Lots of sewing, and lots of idea sharing.  All that sharing made it difficult to go to sleep that night.  So, after laying in bed at 11:30 and being unable to fall asleep, I put my slippers on and ran down to the basement.  I found a bin of fabrics, ran them through the studio cutter with the 3.5" die, and then went back to bed less than 30 minutes later.
So I woke up and started sewing this charity project immediately, sewing all those strips together end to end....
But not without some assistance...

And cutting them into 44" strips

Which I laid out before I had to leave to meet friends for dinner.  I did not expect to return home to them looking this tidy...but the cats only disturbed one row!
I got up early again this morning and got right to sewing.
And got this little top put together!
Inspections were made. Approvals were granted.
I'm waiting till nap time to head back down to the long arm...the cat's nap time, that is.

S

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Fun, productive week!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL I like that you went back downstairs to sew because you couldn't fall asleep.
Nice work Mom!
-Nikki