About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

First of Many….



I bought a kit for this quilt at The Greater AnnArbor Quilt Guild show this past summer.  It's made with the same idea as a Jelly Roll Race except that the fabric was not a jellyroll….I had to cut the strips myself.
I used Minky fabric for the back after the quilter at Christinas Quilt Shop in Rochester, Michigan, assured me that I would have no problems, even though this was the very first quilt I quilted on the long arm machine that I purchased at the AQS show in Grand Rapids in August.
I used the Zydeco pantograph pattern that I received as a birthday gift from my friend Claudette (Thanks Again!)…


I'm pleased with the way it turned out…it was lots of fun to work on.  The sewing of the quilt was ridiculously simple and the panto pattern for the quilting is also very simple. 


So there you have it.  The first quilt that I did, start to finish, with the help of the long arm.
The first of what I tape is many, many more!
(p.s……Thanks to Nik for assisting me with my photos!)

6 comments:

Claudette said...

The first photo is so vibrant, love everything about this quilt!

Sharon said...

It is a perfectly overcast day for quilt picture taking!

Mimi said...

You did a great job on this one. The quilting really shows up well on the minkee. Crazy exciting, isn't it?!!!

Sharon said...

It sure is, Faye!
I love the Minky. I have another just about ready to show….quilting is done, working on the binding!

Nancy said...

You go girl! I'll be anxiously awaiting the next finished quilt. Love this quilt!

Anonymous said...

OK I'm in love with this quilt where can I purchase one?? Ddnny 4054712185