About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Instant Gratification

I've had this project in my head for quite awhile, 
ever since I made my first quilt with thrifted shirts.
One of the shirts had a U.S. Polo Assn tag on them.
For some reason I had it in my head that that was connected to Ralph Lauren,
and someone I know works for a R.L. company.
So I made this little mug rug for them to use at work.
(I thought I was being so clever!)

Just before I mailed it I did a little quick research.  I'm not sure why I started doubting myself but I'm sure glad I did.
I discovered that U.S. Polo Assn had absolutely nothing to do with Ralph Lauren.
So now I had a dilemma. 
 Do I not send this to the intended recipient?
Or do I send it with an explanation.
I chose to send it with an explanation.
I'm hoping they got a little bit of a laugh at my ignorance.

S


4 comments:

Claudette said...

First of all this was not a speeding ticket- but I suppose “guilty with an explanation” was the best way to go! That aside this is a Mug Rug anyone would be thrilled to see in their mailbox! Hey it’s a piece of home - what more can a girl in a big city ask for!

Sharon said...

You. Crack me up!

Elle_Girl_NYC said...

Haha! You're sooo right Claudette! It's still on my night stand as of now because Kyle has taken it over!

Mimi said...

I'm in a state of apoplexy! Three posts in a row! The world must be coming to an end. I agree though....anyone would love that mug rug...explanation or not.