About Me

My photo
I'm a quilting, knitting, sewing, cooking,reading, gardening nut who can never find enough hours in the day to get it all done. Then again, getting it all done is out-of-the question. I'm too easily distracted.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Prepare....To have your MIND blown!


This one is for you, Quiltnbe!
This will make 4 days in a row that I'm posting.
Don't ask why.
This could end just as abruptly as it all began.

First Up!  
A pair of pillowcases ..a gift for a recipient who won't be named at this time lest they discover these are for them.
I believe I bought the kits from the AQS Grand Rapids show this August.  They have been completed for awhile now, and hanging out in the gift box in my secret hiding place.
   

And then there is this little quilt top, currently on my design wall and waiting for it's borders.
My scrap box is never ending, and even though I had plenty of UFO's waiting to be worked on I decided to put this together near the end of summer when it was too hot to go outside.
The pattern is from www.quilterscache.com,
and it is referred to this as the Helter Skelter version of a Spiderweb quilt..
There are 8 sections to each block, and I have enough scraps that I could have made this larger but I found myself losing interest after making 72 sections.
I used a couple selvedges in the piecing, and wish I had used a few more.
Before borders it is approximately 30"x40".
I have no idea what I will do with this quilt, but for now I enjoy looking at it while I'm on my treadmill.


S

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Yup.....if I had seen this post BEFORE going to our LQS trunk show this evening, I probably would have been too faint to attend. Glad to see you are catching us up on all your activities. There's more there than I think you realized. Keep up the good work. Love the spiderweb blocks.

Elle_Girl_NYC said...

are those pillow cases being shipped?